Credit Information, Personal Information and Sensitive Information are defined terms appearing in section 6 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth);
Information means Credit Information, Personal Information and Sensitive Information; and
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
4. Collection, Use and Disclosure
4.1 What Information is collected
4.1 Personal Information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, regardless of whether the information or opinion is true or recorded in a material form. Generally, Personal Information we may collect and hold includes, but is not limited to:
- your name, phone number, mailing or street address, mobile telephone number, age or birth date, profession, occupation or job title, email address, and other contact information;
- details of property you wish to purchase or sell (as applicable);
- details of companies or other entities whom you are associated with;
- information you supply when submitting forms in relation to any competition or award we offer;
- Personal Information from your interaction with the Website and its content, our services and our advertising, including without limitation device identifiers, device type, geo-location information, connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, mobile network information, time, date, referring URL, the type of operating system and browser, ad data, IP address and standard web log data; and
- any other Information provided by you to us including without limitation through use of the Website or services;
4.2 You may engage with us anonymously or using a pseudonym in some circumstances, however, if you wish for us to provide you with services, we will need to verify your identity which includes collecting Information about you.
4.3 We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy. The Website including related sites such as our Youtube and Instagram or other social media pages are not intentionally designed for or directed at children.
Why Information is collected
4.4 The Information we collect is necessary for us to provide you with our services (and you authorise us to use your Information in this way), which includes:
- providing you with information about our business and services including marketing and promotional material;
- providing your information to a Seller where you have expressed interest in purchasing a property that the Seller wishes to sell;
- occasionally providing you with information that we consider to be important or of interest to you, including details of other goods and services that we, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with, offer that may be of interest to you;
- to conduct our business, generate content and provide customer support;
- to provide, administer, market and manage the Website and our services;
- to communicate with you and respond to your enquiries;
- to comply with our legal obligations, a request by a governmental agency or regulatory authority or legally binding court order;
- to resolve disputes and to identify, test and resolve problems;
- providing you with access to protected areas of our Website;
- providing you with tailored advice and services;=
- coordinating events and competitions;
- researching, developing, improving and marketing our services; and
- to protect a person’s rights, property or safety.
4.6 We use Information for the purposes for which it was given, or for purposes which are directly related to our functions and activities. We do not use Personal Information for any purpose which would not be reasonably obvious or expected, unless such use is consistent with the Privacy Act.
How Information is collected
4.7 We usually collect information directly from you. You may provide those details when you make an enquiry with us by phone or email, when you complete an application form, when you interact with our social media pages or when you engage us to provide you with our services.
4.8 We collect information whenever you visit and/or use the Website, in which case we record information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other device you are using to access the Website. When you visit our Website, our Internet Service Provider automatically records the following information about you:
- your server address;
- the Website you visited immediately prior to ours;
- your domain name;
- date and time of your visit to our Website;
- pages you accessed and the information or documents you downloaded;
- type of browser you used; and
- any other information we request our Internet Service Provider to record from time to time.
4.9 If we receive Information that we do not require or which is not directly related to our functions, we may destroy or de-identify that Information.
4.10 In some circumstances, Personal Information is provided to us by third parties or other organisations conducting activities on your behalf. With your expressed or implied consent, your Personal Information may be used and disclosed to us this way
How we hold Information
4.11 We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Information we collect is stored in a secure environment and protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We hold Information both in hard copy form and electronically at our premises and with various service providers that assist us with Information storage, respectively. Electronic information is also backed up on a secure server administered by a third party provider nominated by us. These servers are located in Australia.
4.13 We do not accept any liability for third parties (including Sellers) and how they collect, hold and disclose Information. You should enquire directly with any such third parties.
How Information is secured
4.15 We secure Information by restricting access to your Information to the employees, contractors and agents who require that Information in order to provide you with our services. Information is also protected by secured sockets layers (SSLs), firewalls, user identifiers and passwords.
When Information will be disclosed
4.17 We may disclose Information about you to:
- your agent, solicitor, accountant, vendor, employer or other third parties where necessary or desirable to provide you with our services;
- a Seller that has a listing or advertisement on the Website, where you have requested information by submitting an enquiry in relation to that listing or advertisement, for the purpose of assisting that Seller to provide you with products or services;
- promoters or sponsors of any competition conducted or promoted by Proptech;
- specific third parties that you have authorised to receive information held by us;
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or external service providers for the operation of our Website or business, fulfilling requests or responding to enquiries from you or providing products or services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- any relevant authority or enforcement body where we reasonably believe that such disclosure is necessary to bring legal action against anyone who has breached our terms and conditions or have engaged in any unlawful activity;
- such entities that we propose to merge with or be acquired by; or
- to any other person where otherwise required or permitted to by any law, including under the Privacy Act.
4.19 Generally we are unlikely to disclose your information to entities based overseas, however in limited circumstances this may occur (such as if our servers are located overseas) and you consent to that. Such disclosure will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles.
5.3 Cookies may be used to provide you with the services, including to identify you as a user of the Website, remember your preferences, customise and measure the effectiveness of the Website and our promotions, advertising and marketing, analyse your usage of the Website, and for security purposes.
5.4 You also may encounter Cookies used by third parties and placed on certain pages of the Website that we do not control and have not authorised (such as webpages created by another user). We are not responsible nor liable for the use of such Cookies.
6. Marketing Materials
6.1 We may use Information collected to send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services that we believe may be of interest or value to you. Such communications may be sent in various forms, including but not limited to, mail or email and only in accordance with applicable marketing laws. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
6.2 You may choose to opt-out of marketing communications by contacting us at any time (refer to ‘Contact Details’ section below) or by unsubscribing.
7. Archiving/Destruction of Information
7.1 All Information is retained on file for the period of time required to fulfil our business needs and legal obligations (usually seven (7) years). Where that Information is no longer required, it will be destroyed, deleted or disposed of in a secure manner.
8. Third Parties
8.1 We do not make any representations or warranties in relation to any third party links that may be linked to our Website or how they will treat your Information. You should obtain the relevant privacy policies for each third party with which you interact and before providing them with any Information.
9. Access and Correction
9.1 In some circumstances, you are entitled to access the Information which we collect from you. You are also entitled to request that we correct any Information about you which you believe is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant, misleading, out-of-date or otherwise incorrect.
9.2 Any request to access or correct your Information must be made to us in writing, which we will acknowledge in writing within thirty (30) days of the date of receipt. Your request must be accompanied by the Information we require in order to verify your identity.
9.3 We may deny your request for Information certain circumstances. If this occurs, we will provide you with reasons for the denial.
9.4 There is no application fee for making a request to access your Personal Information. However, we may charge an administrative fee for the provision of information in certain circumstances such as if you make repeated requests for information or where the information is held by a third party provider.
10. Notifiable Data Breaches
10.1 In the event that there is a data breach we will take all reasonable steps to contain the suspected or known breach where possible. We will take immediate steps to limit any further access or distribution where possible.
10.2 If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that the data breach is likely to result in serious harm to any individuals involved, then, if (and only if) we are required to do so under the Privacy Act:
- we will take all reasonable steps to ensure an assessment is completed within 30 days of the breach;
- if remedial action is successful in making serious harm no longer likely, then no notification or statement will be made; and
- where we are aware of reasonable grounds to believe serious harm is likely, as soon as practicable, we will provide a statement to each of the individuals whose data was breached or who are at risk. The statement will contain details of the breach and recommendations of the steps each individual should take. We will also provide a copy of the statement to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
10.3 We will review the incident and take action to prevent future breaches.
11.1 Our Website may contain links to other Websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party Website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party Website. Third party Websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
13. Contact Details
13.1 We welcome your comments and feedback.
Position Privacy Officer
Postal Address 61 Bull St Bendigo VIC 3550
13.2 We will acknowledge and respond to all genuine enquiries, concerns and complaints in writing within thirty (30) days of the date of receipt.
14. Further Information
14.1 If we do not resolve your enquiry, concern or complaint to your satisfaction or you require further information in relation to any privacy matters, please contact the Office of the Australian Information Commission at:
Telephone 1300 363 992
Office Address Level 3, 175 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Postal Address GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001